Match Report (League & Cup)



IDFL League Cup Semi Final, Saturday 31st March 2012, Parmiters

The Harriers hopes of a third successive cup final were put to bed as they fell at the semi-final stage to Ryan Reserves. The Blues had suffered a humiliating 9-0 defeat at the hands of their opponents earlier in the season and went into the game determined to restore some pride. In fact, the Blues really should have taken the lead within 15 minutes. The Ryan keeper fumbled Sparke-Reid's long range effort only for Jabbari to snatch at the rebound and swipe over from eight yards. The Harriers had Prestedge to thank for going in at half time level, as the Blues number one kept out a Ryan penalty just before the break after Amor was adjudged to have fouled the Ryan number nine in the box. After the break the Ryan pressure eventually told on fifty five minutes, taking the lead through a back post header after the Blues failed to clear the initial corner. The Blues still very much remained in the game until a string of poor refereeing decisions culminated in the award of a second Ryan penalty to the bafflement of the Harriers players. Unfortunately, despite getting a hand to the ball, Prestedge was unable to repeat his first half trick and the Blues found themselves two goals down. The home side added some gloss to the scoreline with two long range strikes, both out of the top drawer to ensure there was no chance of a late Blues fight back.

CHFC: Prestedge, Denton (Wright 77), Diner, Amor, Ferdinand, Pereira, Birchnall, Sparke-Reid, N.Shawyer(c), P.Shawyer, Jabbari (Stone 73)




IDFL Division 1, Saturday 17th March 2012, Low Hall Farm

Having made a triumphant return to former home Low Hall Farm against Supreme Athletic just weeks ago, the Blues made a less impressive return as they visited LOASS Reserves. The home side put in a commanding display to bring the Harriers recent resurgence in form to a abrupt halt, taking a 2-0 lead into half time. Despite an improved showing from the visitors after the break, the hosts were clinical as they bagged three more goals from counter attacks. Nick Shawyer grabbed a headed consolation with the last action of the game to give the Blues some reward for their endeavours.

The Harriers went into the game knowing a victory would take them level on points with their opponents with a further game in hand. With home and away games against title chasing St Francis, the Blues knew a victory was important to keep their aspirations of finishing in the top four alive. However the Blues were without midfield playmaker Chris Amor, Sparke-Reid filled the void in midfield whilst Wright retained his place at left back. After a slow start from both sides, the home side began to take control of proceedings with the Blues misplacing a number of passes. LOASS created the first major openings of the game, as a neat pass into the box released the striker only for Prestedge to smother the shot. Minutes later, Prestedge was again involved, parrying away a free kick after the strike took a deflection off the Blues wall. At the other end, Sparke-Reid worried the LOASS keeper with a strike from the edge of the box which flex just inches wide. However the hosts pressure eventually told with twenty five minutes gone, a diagonal ball into the released the striker into the box who beat Prestedge to the ball to poke home the opener. Unfortunately for the Blues, they found themselves two goals down shortly after the half hour mark when a loose ball in the box was drilled home into the roof of the net from eight yards. The Blues failed to create an serious chances before the break and subsequently found themselves two goals down at the break.

After last weeks late comeback against Chingford Athletic, the Harriers were still confident they could get back into the game. The Blues stepped up their performance in the second half and began to compete in the middle of the park and play more of their football in the LOASS half. However as the Blues looked to be gaining a foothold in the game, the home side broke and struck a third with a fantastic strike from an acute angle, leaving Prestedge with with no chance. As the Harriers continued to press looking for a way back into the game, LOASS struck two more quick fire goals on the break to secure the points. First tapping home after a strong run and cut back down the right, whilst they added some sheen to the scoreline with a curled effort from the edge of the area. The scoreline flattered the home side slightly after the Blues improved second half performance, but ruthless finishing had put the home side out of site. However the visitors continued to play their football and N.Shawyer forced a smart save from the LOASS keeper after some neat build up play around the penalty area. The Blues captain proceeded to grab a consolation for the visitors and his 18th of the season, converting Gladwin's cross with the last action of the game.

The Harriers will have to pick themselves up quickly from this set back and look to rebuild confidence in next weeks game with St. Francis prior to their League Cup Semi Final on March 31st.

CHFC: Prestedge, Wright (Ferdinand 67), Diner, Paskell, Birchnall, Sparke-Reid, Goodwin, N.Shawyer(c), P.Shawyer, Pereira, Jabbari (Gladwin 71)


IDFL Division 1, Saturday 24th March 2012, Parmiters

The Blues suffered their second heavy defeat in as many weeks at the hands of title chasing St. Francis. The Blues fell behind within ten minutes after Prestedge failed to clear with a mis timed punch and the St Francis striker swept home the loose ball. Despite being far from their best, the Harriers continued to battle all over the pitch and drew themselves level just after the half an hour mark in familiar fashion. Leading scorer Nick Shawyer was on hand to convert Amor's long throw and that took the home side in all square at the break. Shortly after the restart the Blues lost Diner who was unable to shake off a head injury sustained in the first half, with Goodwin filling the void at centre back. Having shown plenty of resolve to get back into the game in the first 45 minutes, the Blues showed a lack on concentration in the second half and the visitors took full advantage. St. Francis were clinical in netting five second half goals to collect all three points, however the 6-1 scoreline was flattering on the league high flyers. The Harriers were disappointed having shown in the first half they could more than live with their opponents, despite being far from their best.

CHFC: Prestedge, Denton (Wright 75), Diner (Goodwin 52), Amor, Ferdinand, Pereira, Birchnall, Sparke-Reid, N.Shawyer(c) (Paskell 70), P.Shawyer, Jabbari

Goals: N.Shawyer (32)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 3rd March 2012, Wadham Lodge

The Blues recorded back to back wins for the first time since October, putting on a late fight back to come out on top in the Chingford Derby at Wadham Lodge. Playing on an artificial surface, the Blues looked to be heading for a second defeat of the season at the hands of their local rivals, finding themselves two goals down with just a quarter of an hour remaining. However, an own goal along with strikes from Gladwin and N.Shawyer ensured the Harriers maintained the momentum from last weeks Cup victory over Supreme Atheltic. The Blues will hope this resurgence in form will see them mount a challenge to finish in the top four and also earn them a spot in the League Cup Final on April 18th.

Following last weeks morale boosting victory over Supreme Athletic, the Harriers were keen to reverse their defeat at the hands of Athletic earlier in the season. The Blues made just the one change to last weeks starting line up, with Wright coming in at left back for the unavailable Ferdinand. The opening quarter of an hour passed with out any great incident as both sides attempted to build from the back, taking advantage of the space afforded to them on the large pitch. Just as the visitors appeared to be taking charge of the game, the home side struck after 20 minutes gone with the most straight forward of goals. A free kick pumped into the Harriers box found a Athletic player, beating their marker and heading the ball into the bottom corner. Finding themselves a goal down the Blues were fortunate to not slip further behind, Prestedge was alert to push a rifled effort from the edge of the box over the top of the bar as the home side turned up the pressure. In a half of few chances the Blues, their brightest moment came just before the break. Birchnall exchanged passes down the right before coming in field and bursting into the box, brushing off the attention of his marker before beating the keeper with the outside of his right foot. However the home side maintained their lead into the break thanks to the woodwork, as Birchnall's effort came back off the post.

Despite a sustained period of possessions, the home side continued to look the more likely to extend their lead in the second period, with Prestedge again being called into action to deny Athletic. First reacting well to push a close range effort over the bar before staying big to push a one on one effort away from danger. However with an hour gone the home side found the second goal they were searching for, with a cool finish from 18 yards after a cross was deflected to the edge of the box. The Blues responded with two changes in quick succession, with Pereira and Jabbari making way for Sparke-Reid and Gladwin as the visitors looked to inject some extra energy into their performance. The changes payed off as Gladwin netted his first of the season, latching onto N.Shaywers pass into the box before driving the ball home left footed with a quarter of an hour remaining. The fightback was well and truly on with less than 10 minutes remaining, Paul Shawyer's cross taking a deflection off the Atheltic defender and finding its way into the net off the inside of the post. The home side were looking deflated after their two goal lead had evaporated and their misery was completed as the game moved into injury time. Sparke-Reid moved in field before feeding the ball into N.Shawyer on the edge of the Athletic area who found himself in acres of space. Shawyer has been ever dependable in front of goal all season and duly converted the opportunity with a clinical finish, grabbing his 17th of the season and all three points for the visitors.

Having completed a fantastic late turn around, the Blues will now hope to end the season with a strong run as they look to secure a top four finish in the league.

CHFC: Prestedge, Wright, Diner, Paskell, Birchnall, Pereira (Sparke-Reid 62), Goodwin, Amor, P.Shawyer, N.Shawyer(c), Jabbari (Gladwin 68)

Goals: N.Shawyer (92)

Goals: Gladwin (76), O.G (83), N.Shawyer (90)



IDFL League Cup Quarter Final, Saturday 25th February 2012, Low Hall Farm

The Harriers kept their hopes of silverware alive after claiming a second premiership scalp in the quarter finals of the League Cup. The Blues netted three second half goals through Nick Shawyer, Diner and Jabbari, reversing a 1-0 half time scoreline to dump a shocked Supreme Athletic out of the competition. The Harriers took some measure of revenge for the Fenton Cup defeat experienced at the hands of the Premier League side last season on what was a happy return for the Chingford side to their former home.

The Blues returned to their former hunting ground in indifferent form, with their last league victory coming back in December. However with the victory over Phobians in the previous round still fresh in the memory, the visitors went into the game with plenty of hope. The Harriers were further boosted by Nick Shawyer's timely return to the starting line up following a number of appearances from the bench. Despite the home side's obvious quality, it was the Blues who created the first opening of note after just five minutes. After some neat approach play down the right wing, Pereira stepped inside the central defender before sending a tame left footed shot straight at the Supreme keeper from eighteen yards. Unfortunately for the Harriers they found themselves a goal down shortly after the ten minute mark. The home side made some inroads down the left before cutting into the box, the Supreme player's run drew a challenge from Birchnall and the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. The spot kick was cooly converted leaving the visitors facing an uphill challenge to get back into the game. With the goal advantage the home side began to settle into a comfortable pattern, keeping the majority of possession and controlling the tempo of the game. The Harriers main threat came through a string of set pieces which the home side looked less than comfortable in dealing with. However the home side came close to doubling their lead just before the break, a quality ball into the box beat the Harriers defenders only for the Supreme forward's powerful header to be kept out by Prestedge from close range. With the home side turning up the pressure, the Blues were glad to hear the half time whistle and regroup at the break.

The Blues came back out for the second half with renewed belief and knowing that they had 45 minutes to keep their season alive. After a quiet opening to the second period, the Harriers found an equaliser on the hour mark to stun the hosts through their leading scorer. N.Shawyer intercepted a poor clearance from the Supreme keeper before placing a lob over the out of position number one, securing a lifeline for the visitors and his sixteenth goal of the season. However the Blues were lucky to remain on level terms minutes later when a quick Supreme break saw Ferdiand come to the Harriers rescue, clearing off the line after Prestedge was beaten one on one. Having made a telling contribution on his return to the starting line up, N.Shawyer withdrew from the action with twenty minutes remaining, with Gladwin taking his place. No sooner had Shawyer left the pitch, the Blues found themselves a goal to the good, with Diner making no mistake with a forceful header from an Amor long throw. The hosts had no intention of rolling over and came back at the visitors with pace and intent, hitting the post twice in ten frantic minutes. After riding their luck, the Harriers secured a famous victory with a decisive third goal six minutes from time. Jabbari collected Amor's pass before side stepping the last Supreme defender and running through on goal. His left foot strike squirmed past the Supreme keeper at the near post to give the visitors a two goal cushion which they defended stoutly till the final whistle.

The Blues celebrated a fantastic performance at the final whistle and what was undoubtedly the biggest result in the club's history. The Harriers will now play either Melbourne Sports or Ryan Reserves in the semi-final of the competition as they look to make a third consecutive cup final.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Diner, Paskell, Birchnall, Pereira, Goodwin, Amor, P.Shawyer, N.Shawyer(c) (Gladwin 69), Jabbari

Goals: N.Shawyer (61), Diner (72), Jabbari (84),



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 18th February 2012, Flanders Playing Fields

The Harriers disappointing league form continued as they slipped to sixth in the league following a game full of goals at Flanders Playing Fields. The Blues remain without a win since the start of December after a second half with no less than seven goals saw East Londoners secure all three points with a 5-3 victory. The Harriers will look to take the positives from the performance into their League Cup Quarter Final tie next week.

The recent weather conditions and subsequent postponements had prevented the Blues from building any momentum off the back of their cup victory over Phobians. However the visitors were well aware of their need to put in a strong showing with their season now resting on next weeks cup clash with Supreme Athletic. Both sides made a bright start with the home side in particular looking to press the vistiors high up the picth. However the Blues quickly settled into an effective rhythm with Amor and Goodwin looking comfortable in the middle of the park. Playing in his last game for the club before departing for Australia, Denton provided a willing outlet down the right wing as the Harriers developed a number of promising moves. P.Shawyer played a neat one-two before bursting into the box but was unable to seriously test the home keeper, whilst Stone sent a right foot shot wide of the left hand up-right after a neat turn on the edge of the box. At the other end, the visitors defensive line had coped well with minimum fuss in the opening twenty minutes, restricting the home side to just a handful of long range efforts and set pieces. However just before the half hour mark the home side made the break through. The home side reacted first to the second ball following the Blues intial clearance from a corner, the resulting strike finding its way through a crowd of bodies and into the net. The home side had looked sharp on the break from the first whistle and looked to add a second in quick succession but found Diner in good form, putting a typically committed challenge to advert the danger. After a brief slump in the concentration, the Harriers regained their composure and began to press for an equaliser, but were unable to create and clear cut opportunities before the half time break.

The Blues came out for the second half and continued in the same vein as they ended the first and looking the more likely to score next. However the home side had other ideas and they opened up a two goal lead with 50 minutes gone, slamming home a left foot shot from 20 yards. The hosts then looked to be out of sight two minutes later, with the Londoners' forward beating the offside trap before slotting past Prestedge one on one. The Blues quickly grabbed a lifeline before the the hour mark, with Stone latching onto a hopeful through ball from P.Shawyer's before placing a glorious thirty yard lob over the stranded Londoners goalkeeper. The Blues then withdrew Pereira, with Jabbari coming on in his place. Five minutes later the substitute was pulling another one back for the visitors from the penalty spot after P.Shawyer was felled in the box. The procession of goals continued as the hosts re-established a two goal lead, Prestedge will have been disappointed to not keep out a miscued cross which crept in at the front post. The Harriers had no intention of rolling over and continued to show great resilience by making it 4-3 with fifteen minutes remaining. Birchnall grabbed his first of season after exchanges passes with Denton and Jabbari down the right, Jabbari then fed the ball back to the Birchnall who curled a shot in off the far post. With the visitors sensing they could take something from the game, leading score Nick Shawyer came off the bench to replace Stone. The Blues were also forced into replacing Birchnall with Wright, the goal scorer had picked up an injury in the process of bagging the third goal. The game clearly had another goal in it, unfortunately for the visitors it went to the hosts as they caught the Blues on the break to secure all three points.

Despite a number of positives, the Harriers will need to do much more defensively when they face Premier League high flyers Supreme Athletic. The Blues travel to their old stomping ground at Low Hall Farm as they look to keep their season alive on February 25th in the League Cup.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Diner, Paskell(c), Birchnall (Wright 79), Pereira (Jabbari 61), Goodwin, Amor, Denton, P.Shawyer, Stone (N.Shawyer 76)

Goals: Stone (59), Jabbari (67 pen), Birchnall (74)



IDFL League Cup R2, Saturday 28th January 2012, Peter May Sports Ground

The Blues kept their hopes of a third successive cup final alive after a dramatic penalty shoot out victory over local Premiership outfit Phobians. The Harriers bounced back from their recent run of poor form with arguably their performance of the season so far, full of quality and determination. The Division 1 underdogs stunned the home side as they took lead through a cool Amor finish mid way through the first half. Despite some excellent defending from the Blues, they could do nothing to stop the equaliser on 65 minutes; a 30 yard strike right out of the top draw which left Presetedge with no chance. With extra time no longer part of the cup set up, the game went into the lottery of penalties. The Blues evetually came out on top when Ferdinand slotted home the twenty second penalty of the afternoon, setting up a mouth watering quarter final clash with Supreme Athletic.

After last weeks disappointing league defeat to Lansbury left the Blues promotion hope in tatters, the League Cup offered a welcome distraction for the visitors and a last opportunity to salvage their season. The Harriers were able to welcome back a number of players and name a strong squad for the short trip to the Peter May Sports Ground. After some frantic opening exchanges the game settled down, as the Premier League side maintaining some decent possession and making good use of the flanks. However the Harriers steadily worked their way into the game, with Stone sending a snap shot straight at the keeper whilst a Diner header drew a good save from the Phobians' number one. With the Blues exerting pressure on the home side, they took the lead just before the twenty minute mark. Paul Shawyer forced a mistake from a Phobians defender which allowed Amor to steal the ball and run through before slotting the ball past the home keeper from just inside the penalty box. The home side responded positively to going behind, creating chances through a number of set pieces which the Blues defence where ultimately equal to. The home sides best chance of the first period came through a 25 yard free kick which forced Prestedge into a good save, pushing the ball around the post and out for a Phobians corner. The Blues found themselves playing on the break for the remainder of half, with Goodwin and Henshaw seeing half chances fail to trouble the keeper before the half time break.

The Blues came out in the second half determined to build on an excellent showing in the first 45 minutes and keen to take better control of the midfield battle. The visitors looked dangerous coming forward down the wings, with Denton on the right asking plenty of questions of the Phobians' left back. Denton was almost on hand to increase the Harriers lead when Paskell's diangonal free kick fell just out of reach of Denton's run beyond the Phobians' back line. At the other end, Prestedge was again on hand to keep out a Phobians' free kick, before smothering a loose ball from a corner to preserve the Blues lead. However, with 25 minutes remaining the home side drew level with a stunning 30 yard strike which found the top corner, leaving Prestedge with absolutely no chance. Shortly after the equaliser, having putting in a tireless display and shown some nice touches, Stone was replaced by Jabbari. With the game moving towards penalties, it became increasingly tight in the middle of the park.The Blues responded by sending on club captain and leading scorer Nick Shawyer for Henshaw to boss the midfield area. The substitute came closest to winning it for the League One side, first sending a header wide before forcing the Phobians keeper to tip the ball over the bar with a curling, dipping effort in the final minutes.

Normal time eventually came to an end meaning the tie would be decided by penalties, with the coin flip meaning that Phobians would kick proceedings off. The teams traded successful spot kicks with N.Shawyer, Amor and Paskell all netting for the Blues. The first breakthrough came as Prestedge saved to his left, only for Goodwin to see his effort saved by the Phobians number one. Jabbari had the opportunity to send the Blues through after the Phobians left winger had dragged his effort wide, only for the keeper to save and keep the home side in the competition. The tension built as the teams traded blows in sudden death, the telling action evetually came when Prestedge converted his own spot kick before saving from his opposite number. Ferdinand then stepped up to convert the 22nd penalty of the afternoon, sending the keeper the wrong way and the Blues through to the quarter finals. The Blues will now face a familiar challenge in the shape of Supreme Atheltic, who knocked the Harriers out of last season's Fenton Cup 4-3 with a lasp gasp extra time strike.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Diner, Paskell(c), Birchnall , P.Shawyer, Goodwin, Amor, Denton, Henshaw (N.Shawyer 78), Stone (Jabbari 68)

Goals: Amor (18)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 21st January 2012, Barking Park

The Harriers slim hopes of a promotion push were crushed at Barking Park following a disappointing resultagainst league strugglers Lansbury. The Blues played fluent passing football for periods of the game despite the windy conditions but were far from clinical in the final third of the pitch, failing to score for only the second time this season. The Harriers can now only realistically hope to secure a top four finish in league, next weeks League Cup tie now appears to be the biggest game left in the Blues fixture list.

The Blues were without a host of names for the trip to Barking Park; Captain Nick Shawyer remained only fit enough for the bench whilst Henshaw, Amor and Goodwin were all absent from the squad. This saw Wright comer into right back with Birchnall pushing into a midfield three along side P.Shawyer and Denton. Even without a number of regulars the Harriers were the quicker team to settle in the opening stages. However with high winds and a less than ideal surface, the visitors found it hard at times to play their usual brand of football at times, leading to a number of scrappy periods. The Blues eventually began to carve out some openings, with Stone and Jabbari unable to convert some tough half chances. The Blues should have had the opportunity to take the lead from 12 yards after 25 minutes when Stone was brought down in the box, but the visitors were left scratching their heads as the referee waved play on. Having made the majority of the running in the first half, the Harriers were left stunned after 35 minutes when the home side took the lead. Prestedge called to collect a route one ball only to misjudge the balls flight as it held up in the wind, allowing the Lansbury attacker to head the ball past the Blues keeper and slot into an empty net. The Harriers created a number of half chances in the lead up to half time without seriously testing the Lansbury keeper, eventually the teams went into the break at 1-0.

The half time break saw the Harriers make a like for like swap with Sparke-Reid replacing Birchnall in the middle of the park. The Blues faced a tougher challenge in the second half as they found themselves playing into the wind, making arial balls difficult to judge. However, just before the hour mark the visitors were again wondering how they had not won themselves a penalty. Paul Shawyer, putting in another excellent performance in the Harriers midfield, found himself through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. The covering Lansbury defender clumsily bundled Shawyer over from behind in the box but the referree waved play on, denying the Harriers certain penalty and surely saving the Lansbury defender from a red card. TD's men could have found themselves further behind in the second half as the home side created a flurry of chances. Prestedge was called into action, first tipping a curled shot away to saftey before pushing the ball out for a corner as the Lansbury striker attempted the round the Blues keeper. However the visitors could do nothing but watch on 70 minutes when an angled strike left Prestedge rooted, luckily the ball rebounded off the inside of the far post before being hacked away to safety. After riding their luck and the Lansbury period of pressure the Blues began to take back control of the game, pushing forward in search of an equaliser. Some neat play in the Lansbury box saw Periera strike straight at the keeper whilst Jabbari screwed a presentable chance wide. With just a minute remaining the Blues pushed everyone up for a set piece. Having a made a string of important saves in the second half, Prestedge almost made up for his first half blunder, back flicking the ball towards goal only to see it cleared off the line. One final ball into the box found Jabbari offside and that proved to be the last chance for the visitors.

The Blues disappointing run form continues, having picked up just a point in their last three games. With any realistic hoped of promotion now gone, the Blues will look to focus on next weeks League Cup game against Premiership new boys Phobians. Everyone connected with the club will be hoping the Blues can make a third successive Cup Final.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Diner, Paskell(c), Wright, Denton, P.Shawyer, Birchnall (Sparke-Reid 45), Stone, Jabbari, Pereira



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 14th January 2012, Parmiters

The Harriers began the new year in the worst possible fashion as they lost more ground in their hunt for promotion. The Blues home unbeaten record in the league came to an end in the first competitive Chingford Derby of the season, despite the Harriers playing the better football for long periods of the game. The Blues promotion ambitions now look to be fading out of reach with a tough run of away fixtures remaining and with a seven point gap to bridge.

Captain and leading scorer Nick Shawyer was absent from the Blues starting line up for the first time this season, fit only for a spot on the Harriers bench. With Athletic sitting bottom of the league and just one win to their name, the form book pointed to a comfortable afternoon for the Blues, however they found themselves behind within five minutes. A corner into the Harriers box found an unmarked Athletic player, his header miscued into the ground and bounced high beyond the dive of Prestedge in the Blues goal. The Harriers recovered quickly from the early set back, finding time and space to get the ball down and play some neat football despite a less than perfect surface. Athletic were content to allow the Blues possession in their own half and allowed the Harriers to dominate possession. However the visitors posed a threat on the break and with the Blues midfield caught out of position, the hosts had Prestedge to thank for keeping the score at 1-0, saving well after the Athletic striker broke free from Diner on the edge of the box. The Blues soon began to turn the screw with Denton and Jabbari both wasting presentable chances, but the best opportunity fell to Paskell, heading over at the back post from no more than two yards out. With the visitors threatening to make it to the break with the lead, a moment of real quality brought the scores level. The ball dropped invitingly just outside the Athletic area for Amor to dispatch a sweetly struck first time volley beyond the Athletic keeper. Despite pressing for a second before the break, the teams went into half time with the scores level.

The Blues came out for the second half buoyed by their equaliser and first half performance, however they were lucky to escape falling behind within a minute of the restart. A diagonal set piece into the Harriers box fell to an umarked Atheltic player at the back post, he slid his finish beyond Prestedge's dive but fortunately for the hosts Paskell was on hand to clear the ball of the line. After nearly being caught napping, the Blues quickly looked to re-establish their dominance and the game fell back into a familiar pattern, with Atheltic sitting deep and relying on set pieces and counter attacks. However, the visiors had the Blues to thank on the hour mark as they re-took the lead. Goodwin's misplaced pass put Diner under pressure and was quickly closed down by the Atheltic forward. Diner put in a last ditch tackle only for it to run into the path of another Atheltic player who slotted home from the edge of the are past an on rushing Prestedge. The Harriers did not let their heads drop and created a period of suatained pressure following the visitors second goal. The pressure eventually told in the seventy second minute, Jabbari fed Paul Shawyer who proceeded to turn and drive into the Atheltic box, dancing past three defenders in the process before neatly slotting his third goal of the campaign into the bottom corner with his left foot. No sooner had the Blues got themselves back on level terms, the vistors struck back against the run of play to reclaim the lead. The long throw had been a big weapon for Atheltic all afternoon and with a quarter of an hour remaining an flick header from yet another throw gave them the lead. The Harriers responded quickly by sending Nick Shawyer on for the remaining 10 minutes. The Blues threw caution to the wind in search of an equaliser, at times leaving themselves vulnerable to the Atheltic counter attack and really should have been rewarded with just minutes remaining. Inevitably it was the substitute involved, N.Shawyer finding himself sent clear of the Atheltic defence before unerringly striking home off the inside of the far post. Turning to celebrate he found the refereeing blowing for a very questionable offside decision, much to the anger of the Harrier's players.

After being let off the hook, the visitors were able to hold on for the remaining minutes to secure a smash and grab victory. The Harriers will now struggle to push for promotion for the remainder of the season. The Blues will be even more frustrated to have not taken maximum points with rivals LOASS Reserves and East Londoners playing out a draw elsewhere. The Harriers will now begin a succession of away games next week with a trip to opening day opponents Lansbury.

CHFC: Prestedge, Denton, Diner, Paskell(c), Birchnall , Pereira, Goodwin, Amor, P.Shawyer, Jabbari (N.Shawyer 79), Stone (Ferdinand 58)

Goals: Amor (37), P.Shaywer (72)

CHFC: Prestedge, Denton, Diner, Paskell, Birchnall , Pereira, N.Shawyer(c), Amor, P.Shawyer, Jabbari (Gladwin 62), Henshaw (Ferdinand 70)

Goals: P.Shaywer (89), N.Shawyer (92)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 10th December 2011, Parmiters

The Harriers showed grit and determination to salvage a deserved point against promotion rivals East Londoners in the Blues last fixture before the Christmas break. The Harriers found themselves a goal down at the break before a second Londoners goal in the final quarter of an hour appeared to have secured all three points for the visitors. However late strikes from Paul and Nick Shawyer secured a point for the Blues and maintained the Harriers' league unbeaten record. Elsewhere Ryan Reserves consolidated top spot with a 6-1 win over Lansbury, whilst St. Francis dropped points following a 3-3 draw with Chingford Athletic A.

The Blues were pleased to welcome James Gladwin back to the squad for the first time this season, he took a place on the Harriers bench whilst Jamie Henshaw returned to the starting line up. East Londoners arrived at Parmiters with two games in hand and a point more than the Blues, the home side could not afford to lose more ground on their promotion rivals at this stage of the season. The visitors also came boasting an impressive defensive record and was plain to see as chances were few and far between in the opening quarter of an hour, with both sides cancelling each other out. However the visitors took a lead with 20 minutes played, a left footed free kick from 25 yards beat the wall and Prestedge in the Harriers goal, nestling in the bottom corner of net. The Blues almost found themselves two goals down within minutes of the first, with Prestedge pushing a powerful header from a Londoners corner over the bar. The hosts created a number of half chances before the break, the best falling Jabbari who was unable to capitalise when the Londoners keeper found himself out of position. With no clear cut opportunities presenting themselves to either side, the score remained 1-0 at the break.

The pattern of the game remained much the same as the second half began, with the majority of play in the midfield areas and the defenders finding themselves largely on top. The Harriers began to take the initiative in the game as the half wore on, committing more men forward in pursuit of an equaliser. The introduction of Gladwin and Ferdinand saw the Blues drop an extra man into midfield to help dominate possession. However just as the Blues were looking the more likely to score next, the visitors delivered a hammer blow to the Harriers hopes with ten minutes remaining. A direct free kick left Prestedge rooted before cannoning back off the bar and straight into the path of the striker following up, leaving the forward the simple task of tucking away the rebound and doubling the visitors' lead. The Blues continued to battle and found a lifeline before the 90 minute mark, an Amor long throw evading players at the near post before bouncing to Paul Shawyer at the back post to calmly nod the ball past the Londoners keeper. That was not to be the end of the drama, with time running out Gladwin fed Nick Shawyer who let fly with a first time strike from 25 yards. The ball curled beyond the reach of the visitors keeper and into the side netting for Shawyer's 15th strike of the campaign, earning the Harriers a point with almost the last kick of the game in the process.

The Blues celebrated a well earned point at the final whistle and go into the Christmas break on a high. They will now wait for their new year fixtures to be confirmed whilst keeping a close eye on their rivals results in the run up to Christmas.



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 3rd December 2011, Parmiters

The Blues bounced back in exactly the right fashion after last weeks embarrassing defeat at the hands of Ryan Reserves, ending a three game run with out a victory as they secured a 5-0 victory over Singh Sabha Barking. Having failed to find the net for the first time this season against Ryan, the Harriers were back amongst the goals, with goals from Nick Shawyer, Pereira, Stone and Denton all coming in the second half. The manager will have also undoubtedly been pleased by the reaction at the other end of the pitch, as Harriers recorded their first clean sheet of the campaign with a solid defensive performance.

The Blues were without Ferdinand and Henshaw for this encounter, however they were also able to welcome back a trio of key players missing from last weeks squad, with Paskell, Amor and Goodwin all returning to the starting line up. The Harriers will have also been boosted by the return of James Gladwin from his time in America, Gladwin watched this one from the touchline but will hope to return to the playing duties next week. The Blues were out to prove a point against a Barking who came from 2-0 down to end the Harriers league unbeaten record with a 5-2 victory. Both sides struggled to take control of proceedings in the early stages with the majority of the play taking place in the centre of the park. However the Harriers soon began to look the more assured side, with Amor at the heart of the majority of the home side's best moments as he began to pull the strings in midfield. Despite the Blues looking the more threatening force going forward, they will have been disappointed to not have created more clear cut openings. Both Jabbari and Paul Shawyer were denied by the Barking keeper with efforts from inside the box, meanwhile Nick Shawyer was unable to seriously test the visitors number one with a 25 yard free kick. The visitors continually posed a threat from set pieces but looked at their most dangerous on the counter attack, creating the most presentable opportunity of the game ten minutes before the break. Predictably it came from a Barking breakaway, when the ball eventually reached the Barking forward he showed a good turn of pace to beat Diner, only for Prestedge to smother the strike from close range. With chances at a premium, the two teams went into the break all square at 0-0.

Having been the more prominant side in the the first 45 minutes, the Harriers were keen to put more pressure on the Barking defence in the second period. Early in the second half the Blues got the break through, Amor was unsurprisingly involved, beating his marker with ease down the right channel before sending in a cross from the bye line. An unmarked Pereira was left with the easiest of tasks, tapping home into an empty net at the back post to notch his 5th goal of the season. Shortly after the Blues had taken the lead, Jabbari's afternoon came to a close with Stone replacing him up front, within minutes of the change the substitute had made an immediate impact. A break away for the home side saw Amor feed Stone in a central position 20 yards out from the Barking goal. The substitute got the ball out of his feet with his first touch of the game, before striking a shot with his weaker right foot into the bottom corner of the net with his second. The Blues were guilty of letting a 2-0 second half lead slip against Barking just three weeks ago, but the home side had no such troubles this time round as they made the most of their dominance. First Nick Shawyer took advantage of some slack Barking defending, finding himself unmarked inside the box he was able to take control of an Amor long throw before slamming the ball past the visitors keeper. Five minutes later it was four, Stone showed some class in holding up the ball before laying the ball off to Pereira, his mis-qued shot found Denton who slotted the ball into the bottom corner past the Barking keeper. Goodwin took a rest for the final quarter of an hour with Wright coming on to slot into the back four. There was time for one more goal before the final whistle, Stone laying the ball across the box for an unmarked Nick Shawyer to lash home his 14th of the season, in the process setting a new Harriers scoring record.

Despite a late surge from the visitors, the Blues defence held firm to secure their first clean sheet of the season. After the disappointment of last week, this result will give the Blues plenty of confidence going into their last fixture before the Christmas period, a crucial home game against fellow promotion hopefuls East Londoners

CHFC: Prestedge, Denton, Diner, Paskell, Birchnall , Goodwin (Wright 77), P.Shawyer, N.Shawyer(c), Amor, Jabbari (Stone 57), Pereira

Goals: Pereira (52), Stone (59), N.Shawyer (65,82), Denton (72)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 26th November 2011, Parmiters

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Diner, N.Shawyer(c), Denton, Stone, Birchnall , Pereira, P.Shawyer, Henshaw, Jabbari (Sparke-Read 45)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 5th November 2011, Goodmayes Park Extension

The Blues dismal record at Goodmayes Park Extension continued as they imploded in a bizarre second half away against Singh Sabha Barking Reserves. The Harriers league unbeaten run came to a shuddering halt as they proceeded to squander a 50th minute 2-0 lead. Nick Shawyer, ever present on the Chingford scoresheet this year, put the Blues ahead on thirty five minutes after the visitors dominated the first half. Diner gave the Blues a deserved two goal cushion early in the second period before things fell apart with the home side going on to score five goals in thirty five second half minutes.

The Harriers were without Amor, Denton and Stone for the trip to Barking but were able to welcome back Henshaw from the injury he sustained on the opening day of the season. The Harriers went into the game off the back of two big victories and with an unbeaten league record so they were not short of confidence, showing plenty of composure on the ball in the opening stages. The Blues slick passing was causing the home side plenty of problems and Henshaw looked lively every time he had to opportunity to commit defenders, firing a number of efforts in from range. The visitors came close to taking a deserved lead with twenty minutes gone, Jabbari's near post corner found Paul Shawyer who had escaped his marker. Shawyer's flick header beat the keeper only to hit the bar and go out for a goal kick to the home side. The Barking side found chances of their own hard to come by, restricted to a number of long range efforts and set pieces. However, their best chance came before the half hour mark when the Barking striker wriggled free of Diner's attentions in the box, only to fire a tame shot straight at Prestedge. Shortly after the Harriers took a deserved lead through yet another strike from Nick Shawyer, his incredible run now 11 goals in eight games. After some neat interplay Pereira picked up the ball on the left touchline, getting his head up before sending in a un-defendable cross to the back post where Shawyer was on hand to strike for the eighth game running. With the breakthrough came fresh impetus for the visitors and they thought they had secured a two goal cushion just before half time. As the home side cleared their lines from a Blues set piece, Paskell fed the ball back through for Jabbari to confidently fire past the Barking keeper. A two goal cushion was no more than the league leaders deserved but was not yet forthcoming as the goal was ruled out for offside, the referee blew for half time seconds later.

After controlling the opening forty five minutes, the Harriers had the two goal cushion they deserved early on in the second half. Diner bagged his second of season with a looping header from Goodwin's cross after the home side failed to clear properly following a Blues corner. Unfortunately for the visitors their afternoon was about to change dramatically as the home side struck back almost immediately. Prestedge was forced into a save from the Barking striker just a minute after the restart, from the resulting corner, the ball dropped loose in the area for a Barking player to rifle home. The Harriers came close to re-establishing a two goal lead shortly after with N.Shawyer hitting the angle from a free kick, however the scores were level on the hour mark as the Harriers failed to clear their lines from a set piece. The ball fell on the edge of the area for the Barking substitute to take a touch before letting fly and finding the back of the net. All the momentum was now with the home side and they were in front before the 70 minute mark, a glancing header leaving Prestedge with no chance from a Barking corner. The Harriers steadied the ship in the minutes after and began to exert pressure back onto the home side as they searched for an equaliser. Unfortunately for the Blues, two goalkeeping errors in the last quarter of an hour sealed the game for the hosts. Prestedge first misjudged the bounce of an over hit through ball, allowing the Barking forward to run through and slot the ball home into an empty net. The afternoon soon turned into a nightmare for the Blues number one, air kicking a back pass with the aid of a bobble from the pitch. Prestedge looked to have chased down the back pass only to stumble in his attempts to clear the ball, allowing the Barking striker to slot home past the helpless keeper. However, credit to the Harriers, they continued to play and press to the final whistle despite the points being out of reach.

With defeat came an end to Harriers unbeaten league run and their week long stay at the top of the table, a point for Ryan Reserves taking them above the Blues on goal difference. The Harriers will want to ensure their season does not fall into a slump similar to the one which they experienced around the same time last year. They will need to bounce back quickly with a home fixture against AAH Romford next up.

CHFC: Prestedge, Birchnall, Diner, Paskell, Wright, Pereira, Goodwin, N.Shawyer(c), P.Shawyer, Jabbari, Henshaw (Ferdinand 60)

Goals: N.Shawyer (34), Diner (51)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 29th October 2011, Parmiters

The Harriers piled more woe on Esprit Midland as they inflicted a second heavy defeat on the Division 1 strugglers in as many weeks. With Ryan Reserves in Cup action, the Blues did more than just boost their goal difference, with the vital three points sending the Harriers top of the league. With a tough league program ahead it was crucial the Blues recorded a league double over an Esprit side who have now only taken a point from six games. The Blues unbeaten league record was in little doubt throughout, with a Pereira brace and a Jabbari hat-trick the main highlights.

The Harriers were missing Stone from last weeks victory, however they were able to welcome back Denton, Amor, Wright and Goodwin to the squad. The visitors look determined to keep things tight early on as they sat deep, allowing the Harriers to enjoy a lot of possession in their own half. Despite having plenty of men behind the ball, it seemed only a matter of time before the Blues would create a clear cut opening. With just eight minutes on the clock, Pereira's cut in from right in an advanced position before slipping a ball through to Jabbari who was clinical in smashing the ball across the keeper and inside the far post. With the Esprit defence under constant pressure, the Blues extended their lead on the quarter hour mark. Nick Shawyer's measured chip through found Pereira who confidently lofted the ball over the advancing keeper and into an empty net. Esprit were finding opportunities going forward hard to come by and the Harriers looked close to having the points sealed with thirty three minutes gone. Fantastic from Denton down the right saw him beat two players before cutting the ball back from the bye line for Jabbari to sweep home his second of the afternoon. However with the Blues cruising towards the half time, the visitors grabbed a lifeline minutes before the break with their first serious effort on goal. Some lax defending from a throw in allowed the ball to be played in field, with plenty still to do the Esprit player took a touch before striking the ball into the top corner from all of 25 yards, leaving Prestedge no chance.

The Blues were forced into a change at half time, with Goodwin replacing Amor who had picked up a hamstring injury. Despite the set back for the Blues before the break, the game got back under way in much the same vein, with the Harriers dominating. So it came as little surprise when the home side re-established a three goal cushion within ten minutes of the restart. Paul Shawyer netted his first goal of the campaign after getting on the end of Jabbari's free kick into the box, beating the Esprit keeper to the ball who found himself in no mans land. Four soon became five as Nick Shawyer again got his name on the score sheet, reacting first to slide home from Pereira's blocked shot. Shortly after Wright came on to replace Birchnall at right back. With ten goals in the opening seven games, Shawyer's scoring run seems to show now sign of ending. However the afternoon really belonged to Jabbari, after seeing a lob drop over the bar moments earlier, Jabbari was handed an identical opportunity in the 71st minute, this time judging the lob perfectly to complete his hat-trick and his fifth goal of the season. There was still time for the Blues to add to their lead, Denton was unlucky to cap an impressive display when his curling effort came back off the post. However he was involved in the final goal of the afternoon, his blocked shot fell to Pereira who found a yard of space against his marker before shifting the ball onto his favoured left foot and putting the ball into the top corner.

The final whistle confirmed the Blues place at the top of Division 1 with 14 points from six games. With the Harriers league unbeaten record still in tact, the Blues will be mindful of not letting their form stutter in the same fashion as it did at the same point last season. Next up the Blues face a tough away trip to Singh Sabha Barking Reserves as the look to cement their place at the top of Division 1.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Paskell, Diner, Birchnall (Wright 65), P.Shawyer, Amor (Goodwin 45), N.Shawyer(c), Denton, Jabbari, Pereira

Goals: Jabbari (8,33,71), Pereira (15,83), P.Shawyer (53), N.Shawyer (62)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 22nd October 2011, Britannia Sports Ground

The Blues bounced back from last weeks Fenton Cup disappointment and with a league victory over Espirit Midland as they travelled to the Britannia ground. However the Harriers had to do things the hard way and come from a goal down, Jabbari equalised in the 43rd minute before the Blues went on to blitz the home side with four second half goals and run out comfortable winners. With their league unbeaten record still intact, the Harriers now sit second in the Division 1 table behind Ryan Reserves but with a game in hand over the league leaders.

The Blues were hampered by a number of availability issues going into the game, with Amor, Goodwin, Wright and Denton all missing for the visitors. However, the addition of Sparke-Reid to the Harriers squad meant they were able to travel with a bare eleven. Despite having only taken a point from their first four league games, the home side did not look short of confidence, giving the Blues little time to settle on the ball in midfield. Both teams proceeded to cancel each other out in the opening exchanges with the first real opportunity coming in the 20th minute; the Esprit keeper did well to parry wide from Jabbari's close range effort. As the Blues struggled to find their usual rhythm, the home side got their noses in front just before the half hour mark. It came courtesy of a goal keeping error, with a hopeful hooked effort from the edge of the box beating a flat footed Prestedge. Despite falling behind and playing far from their best football, the Blues slowly felt their way into the game and eventually found an equaliser just before the break. After receiving the ball from Pereira on the left, Birchanall's attempted strike fell kindly for Jabbari to sweep home from close range, sending the Harriers into the break on level terms. The Harriers came out the more positive as the second half got under way and within five minutes of the restart they found themselves ahead for the first time. Jabbari was again involved as he was slipped through one on one, the Esprit keeper made a good save as Jabbari failed to convert only for Nick Shawyer to be the first to react to the loose ball. Shawyer calmly slotted home into an empty net from the edge of the 18 yard box as he maintains his remarkable purple patch of scoring in every match

The lead boosted the Blues confidence as they began to look more assured all over the pitch, this was in sharp contrast to a delated Esprit side. It should have been 3-1 on the hour mark when Jabbari's angled effort across goal came back off the foot of the post, Birchnall lacked Shawyer's composure as he fired the rebound wide with the goal gaping. However the Harriers did not have to wait long to establish a two goal lead, in the 63rd minute Pereira scored the goal of the afternoon, beating a player as he cut in from the left before arrowing a shot across the keeper from the angle and inside the far post from 20 yards. Aside from one free kick which was comfortably saved by Prestedge, Esprit created little in the way of clear cut openings in the second half whilst the Blues looked dangerous in the final third. Both sides had no substitutes to call on as they game progressed, with some tired legs on the pitch the Blues superior quality began to take over. The visitors grabbed a fourth with 20 minutes remaining through a rare goal from centre back Alex Diner. Pereira's ball into the box saw N.Shawyer meet the ball with a crunching volley on the 6 yard box, only for the Esprit keeper to deny Shawyer his 10th of the season with a quality point blank save. Fortunately for the Blues Diner was on hand to nod home the rebound and effectively secure the three points. The Harriers went on to bag a deserved fifth in 82nd minute. Sparke-Reid, who recorded an impressive debut at left back, was involved in the build up as he fed the ball into Jabbari. His mis-cued shot fell perfectly into the path of his strike partners path, Stone proceeded to slot the ball past the Esprit keeper with his weaker right foot for his third of the season.

The Harriers could have had more in the closing stages but will be ultimately happy with the result and the three points, however the performance in the first half will not have pleased the manager. Fixtures see the two sides meet again in the return league game at Parmiters next week. With Ryan Reserves in Cup action, the Blues will have the opportunity to go top of the league as they make up their game in hand on the league leaders.

CHFC: Prestedge, Sparke-Read, Paskell, Diner, Ferdinand, Pereira, Birchnall, N.Shawyer(c), P.Shawyer, Jabbari, Stone

Goals: Jabbari (43), N.Shawyer (50), Pereira (63), Diner (71), Stone (82)



Round 2, Fenton Cup, Saturday 15th October 2011, Parmiters

The Blues slipped to their first defeat of the season with a below par performance in the Fenton Cup second round. The Blues reversed a 1-0 half time score to lead 2-1 in the 63rd minute following goals from N.Shaywer and Stone in 10 minute period. However, Division 2 leaders Trelawny were the better side for large parts of the game and stunned the hosts with two goals in a minute as they came from behind, eventually adding a fourth in injury time as they ran out 4-2 winners.

Having made successive Finals in their previous two seasons, the Blues went into the IDFL's flag ship Cup competition with plenty of confidence and with an unbeaten record over the visitors, including a win on penalties in last seasons Spartak Cup Quarter Final. Trelawny have experienced back to back relegations over the past two seasons, slipping from the Premier to the Second Division. However, having started their league season with three straights wins, the Blues knew not to take their opponents lightly. Despite some early possession for the Harriers, the visiting side dominated the opening stages of the game, making the Blues work hard to pose any threat going forward. Despite Trelawny looking the more likely to break the dead lock, it was the Harriers who thought they had taken the lead with a quarter of an hour gone. Edwin's slick through ball found Pereira, who showed good composure before beating the keeper only for the goal to be ruled out for offside, in what appeared to be a questionable decision. With that proving to be a let off for the visitors, Trelawny continued to see more of the ball and looked dangerous down the flanks. With the half hour mark approaching, the Leyton side made their pressure pay as they took a deserved lead. The Trelawny number 10 beat Adam at left back, before cutting back from the bye line to an unmarked team mate who slotted past a helpless Prestedge. The Blues upped their game as they looked for an equaliser before the break, but were fortunate to not fall further behind in identical circumstances, this time the Trelawny forward fired wide from the cut back.

The Harriers had not been at their best and went into the break with plenty to do to turn the game around. However, with ten minutes played in the second half, the Blues got back into the game against the run of play. Nick Shawyer met Jabbari's corner to net his eight of the season and continued his record of scoring if every game this season. This flipped the games momentum and suddenly it was the Blues on top and looking the more likely take the lead. Stone replaced Jabbari with an hour gone and made an instant impact, bundling home Amor's long throw for his second of the season with his first touch of the game. Unfortunately the Blues were unable to hold on to their lead for long as the visitors shocked the Harriers with two goals in the space of a minute. The Harriers back-line were found napping when a through ball released the Trelawny winger into the box, who beat Prestedge to the ball before applying a cute finish over the on rushing keeper. Things got even worse for the the home side when Diner was caught in possession straight from kick off. The Trelawny number 10 picked up the ball before advancing into the Harriers box, side stepping Paskell and slotting the ball into the corner of the net to put the visitors back in front with 20 minutes remaining. The game became increasingly open with opportunities for both sides as the Harriers pushed for an equaliser. Amor squandered the Blues best opportunity as he found himself through one on one with the keeper, but he failed to find the target with his attempted lob. The visitors made sure of the victory in injury time with a stunning 25 yard strike which found the top corner of the net past Prestedge's despairing dive.

The Blues had just enough time to kick off before the referee blew the final whistle and brought proceedings to a close. The Harriers can have no complaints after the much improved Trelawny side controlled the game for large parts and claimed a deserved victory. The Blues will attempt to bounce back by maintaining their unbeaten league record when the travel to the Britannia sports ground to play Esprit Midland next week.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Paskell, Diner, Birchnall, Goodwin, P.Shawyer, Amor, N.Shawyer(c), Jabbari (Stone 60), Pereira

Goals: N.Shawyer (55), Stone (63)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 8th October 2011, Parmiters

The Harriers went a point clear at the top of Division 1 after picking up a hard earned point at home against an impressive LOASS Reserves side. However the Blues will feel aggrieved at not taking all three points after the award of a soft penalty in the 80th minute cancelled out Nick Shawyer's seventh goal of the season, ultimately securing a draw for the visiting side. The Harriers remain unbeaten so far this season with 8 points from four league games.

The Blues lined up for this one in the same fashion that saw them play so fluently in their visit to AAH Romford, with Jabbari and Denton both claiming starting births after impressive displays from the bench last week. The Harriers have had the luxury of three home games in their opening run of league fixtures and have quickly come to appreciate the extra width their new home offers them. However, it was most definitely the visitors enjoying themselves early on as they dominated possession. The Blues found it hard to cope with LOASS in the opening quarter of an hour; the Leyton side continually switched the play and kept the ball with some quick one and two touch passing. With Prestedge being called into action on a number of occassions and the Blues back line standing resolutely against waves of LOASS pressure, the home side made a crucial tactical change, pushing an extra man into midfield where LOASS were controlling the game. This had an instant impact and changed the momentum of the game, the Blues were able to put much more pressure on the ball and break the Leyton side's passing rhythm. The Harriers now looked the more dangerous, using the extra man in midfield to move the ball quickly and break forward in numbers. The Blues threat eventually punctured the LOASS backline only for the visitors keeper to make two top draw saves; first pushing onto the bar from Amor's close range effort, before expertly foiling Paul Shawyer after he was slipped through one on one. However the LOASS number one could only watch as Nick Shawyer got up ahead of everyone to meet Jabbari's corner, only to be denied by the post. The half came to an end with the game goaless but with Blues on top having created the more clear cut openings.

The Blues made one change at half time, pushing P.Shawyer to the right side of midefield and introducing a natural left footer in Periera for Denton, allowing Pereira to slot in on the left wing. The second period picked up where the first left off, with both teams attractive football but with the Harriers marginally on top. With nearly an hour played the deadlock was broken with the Blues taking the lead from a corner. Jabbari's near post delivery caused some confusion in the box as two LOASS defenders attempted to clear the danger but only succeeded in spooning the ball up for Nick Shawyer to power a header home. Shaywer has now put together a scoring run which has seen him find the net seven times in four games, scoring in every game so far this season. The Blues pushed to give themselves some breathing space in the minutes following the opener, with Pereira posing a threat down the left. Having lead the line on his own for the best part 50 minutes, Jabbari was replaced by Stone with 25 minutes remaining to inject some extra energy up front. The Harriers almost doubled their lead shortly after in stunning fashion. The highlight of another sparkling performance from Amor in the centre of the park saw him carry the ball from inside his own half all the way into the LOASS area, beating several players on the way, before forcing another impressive stop from the visiting keeper. This marked a change in flow to the game, with LOASS pushing more men forward in search of equaliser and the Blues dropping deeper into their own half. LOASS almost found a reply with a quarter of an hour remaining, the LOASS forward used his pace to get past Diner before cutting in from the LOASS left and striking the near post with just Prestedge to beat. However the visitors did not have to wait too much longer to get back on level terms; Harriers players were bemused to see the referee point to the spot, penalising Paskell for a push in the box from a LOASS corner. The LOASS penalty was well struck and superbly placed, despite a great effort to get a hand to the ball, Prestedge could only help the ball on its way into the roof of the net.

The final exchanges saw the game move from end to end with both goalkeepers being called into actions as the two teams searched for a winning goal. Tempers frayed as tackles flew in all over the pitch but neither side could find the breakthrough, proceeding eventually came to the end with the points shared. Whilst the Blues were bitterly disappointed with the award of a soft looking penalty, on reflection a draw was a fair result. That point takes an unbeaten Harriers top of the table with eight points from four games. The Blues now take a break from league duties to take on Trelawny in the second round of the Fenton Cup at Parmiters on October 15th.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Paskell, Diner, Birchnall, Goodwin, P.Shawyer, Amor, N.Shawyer(c), Jabbari (Stone 65), Denton (Pereira 45)

Goals: N.Shawyer (58)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 1st October 2011, Hainult Recreation Ground

The Harriers scored three-second half goals to come from two goals down and secure all three points away at AAH Romford. Despite playing the better football through out, the visitors had to do things the hard way, finding themselves 2-0 down at the half time break. Second half strikes from Nick Shawyer, Jabbari and Amor maintained the Blues unbeaten start to the season and ensured a well-deserved victory.

This was not the first meeting between the two teams; in fact there is plenty of history between the two clubs. The Harriers held a 100% record over the host going into this encounter; recording two league wins on their way to promotion and a St Mary’s Cup semi-final triumph over their opponents in the 2009/10 season. However, the hosts had romped to the Division 2 title with a near faultless campaign last season and the Blues we’re conscious to not take their opponents lightly. The Harriers, in their changed white away strip, were quickly into their stride with Stone and Periera running the channels well. However the Blues were uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal; N.Shawyer, Stone and Pereira all missed good chances for the visitors. It ultimately cost the Harriers when the hosts took the lead against the run of play with 25 minutes gone. Goodwin was unfortunate to put into his own net after the ball dropped in the box following through one of Romford’s many long throws. Whilst the dynamics of the game remained the same, with the Harriers looking the more dangerous going forward, it was the hosts who increased their lead before the break. A speculative effort from range left Prestedge rooted as the ball sailed past the Blues keeper into the net with 35 minutes gone. Despite further chances, the Blues were unable to find a reply before the referee brought the first half to a close.

The Harriers were upbeat despite the half time score-line and knew the next goal would be crucial; there was plenty of belief that they could still get something from the game. Jabbari replaced Stone at the break and the Blues may have wondered whether it simply would not be their day when the substitute put a free header just wide when it seemed easier to score. The Blues have been able to count on Captain Nick Shawyer for goals in the early season and this game was no different. His sixth goal in three games came with an hour gone, heading into the top corner from Amor’s assist to give the Blues hope with thirty minutes still to play. With momentum very much on the Harriers’ side, it seemed just a matter of time until they drew themselves level. Birchnall had shown plenty of desire to get forward from full back and it was his driving run down the right that lead to the Blues getting back on level terms. After trading passes in field he saw tested the Romford keeper who diverted the ball onto the bar leaving Jabbari the (relatively) easy task of bundling the ball home from close range.

With the Harriers on level terms and the host’s heads beginning to drop the game began to increasingly move into the Romford defensive third. Pressure eventually told with just under a quarter of an hour remaining. Nick Shawyer’s misplaced ball into the box caught the Romford keeper off his line, despite doing enough to keep the ball out, he left Amor the easiest of tap ins to complete the turnaround and cap off a fantastic personal display from Amor in the middle of the Harriers’ midfield. The Blues controlled the closing stages keeping good possession of the ball, the only scare coming from a long throw minutes from the end but Prestedge was in the right place to smother the flick on. With the final whistle came a deserved three points for the Blues, whilst AAH Romford will undoubtedly be sick of the sight of the Harriers after a fourth straight defeat at the hands of the Chingford side.

A tight affair at Parmiters saw the Harriers take a point and return to the Division 1 summit following their draw with AAH Romford. Nick Shawyer's 12th goal in 9 appearances got the home side back on level terms before the break following Romford's 26th minute opener, whilst an own goal again levelled the scores before the 80 minute mark. However the Blues will feel a little unlucky to have not taken all three in an encounter they dominated for long periods, meanwhile, more dropped points opens the door for the Blues' title rivals who could take advantage with games in hand.

Henshaw made his second successive start for the Blues as he continues to work his way back from a long term injury, Ferdinand also returned to the starting line up for the home side and was in the thick of the action early on. With just five minutes gone a looped flick on from a Romford long throw left Prestedge stranded in the Blues goal, fortunately for the home side Ferdinand was on hand to clear the ball from almost under his own crossbar and out for a corner. After that early scare, the Harriers soon settled down into their passing rhythm, seeing plenty of possession in their own half and looking to probe forward down the channels. Both Henshaw and Pereira had sights of goal from distance, but the best opportunity fell to Jabbari with the twenty minute mark approaching. Some patient build up from the Harriers in the middle of the park eventually lead to Jabbari beating the offside trap to collect a through ball and run through one on one with the Romford keeper. Unfortunately for the home side Jabbari took one too many touches and with the angle working against him eventually saw his effort saved by the goalkeeper. The home side took full advantage of that let off just five minutes later as they broke in numbers and with pace down the right; the intial cross and subsequent follow up shot were well blocked by Diner. However at the third time of asking the Romford midfielder rifled his shot past Prestedge and Diner from 12 yards, hitting the underside of the bar before the ball bounced down and ended up in the roof of the net. Momentum shifted briefly to the visitors in the minutes following the goal as they looked to increase their lead over the Harriers, but the home side soon began to re-assert themselves through a number of attacking set pieces, with the break through eventually coming five minutes before the break. The Blues pumped a free kick into the Romford area, with the loose ball falling to Diner. Under pressure from a Romford defender, Diner was able to off load the ball to Nick Shawyer who turned inside his marker before curling a delightful left footed shot into the top corner beyond the visiting keeper. That effort takes Shawyer's tally for the season to 12 goals in 9 appearances as he continues to net in every game so far this year. This sent the two sides into the break level after an entertaining first 45 minutes.

The Blues came out in the second half buoyed by getting back on level terms and proceeded to take the game to visitors. Shortly after the restart, Stone came on to replace Henshaw who had put in another energetic shift. Stone was quickly into the action, working hard to hold up the ball and run the left channel. First Stone dragged his shot wide having worked a favourable position on the edge of the box, then when released down the inside left channel was unable to Pereira with his driven cross into the middle. However, the visitors remained a threat from set pieces and long throws and took the lead in slightly controversial circumstances just after the hour mark. A corner into the Harriers box was misjudged by Prestedge with the loose ball falling to a Romford player and being poked towards goal. By this point Prestedge had recovered to smother the goal bound effort on the line only for the referee to give a goal, adjudging the whole ball had crossed the line through a crowd of players. Despite the set back the Blues did not panic and continued to play the more threatening football, pouring forward in search of an equaliser. It almost cost the home side as they left themselves exposed at the back, a Romford break away released the second half substitute down the right wing to bear down on goal. Fortunately for the Harriers Prestedge got an important hand to the goal bound effort before the Blues defence cleared the loose ball. A second Blues equaliser looked increasingly likely and deservedly came with little over ten minutes to go, Birchnall's penetrating run into opposition territory ended with a deflected shot wrong footing the keeper and finding the net. With the smell of all three points in their nostrils the Blues upped the tempo in search of a winner, Pereira was only able to find the wall from a 20 yard free kick and the visitors had their keeper to thank after a top draw reaction save from a Harriers header. In the final seconds of the match, with the ball in the Romford area, the Blues were sure they had earned a penalty as a rush of blood to the head saw the Romford keeper clearly bundle over Paul Shawyer from behind with the ball at his feet. The Harriers' players celebrated as the referee blew the whistle, only for his to signal full time.

The Blues were dismayed and left to reflect on two points dropped after a performance that certainly deserved all three. The Harriers return to the Division 1 summit but have plenty of work to do with sides below them holding games in hand. That starts with a crucial top of the table clash with Parmiters' residents Ryan Reserves in two weeks time.

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Diner, Goodwin, Birchnall, Pereira, Amor, N.Shawyer(c), P.Shawyer, Jabbari (Denton 65), Henshaw (Stone 55)

Goals: N.Shawyer (40), OG (78)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 12th November 2011, Parmiters

CHFC: Prestedge, Ferdinand, Paskell, Diner, Birchnall, Goodwin, P.Shawyer, Amor, N.Shawyer(c), Stone (Jabbari 45), Pereira (Denton 52)

Goals: N.Shawyer (59), Jabbari (68), Amor (76)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 24th September 2011, Parmiters

Ryan Reserves salvaged a point with an 89th minute equaliser in what was an entertaining clash with the Harriers at both sides respective home Parmiters. Whilst even the most stubborn fan would not deny Ryan were more than good value for a point, all the post match talk was about a crucial refereeing decision. The Blues has a goal controversially chalked off for offside in the 87th minute, a strike which would have undoubtedly wrapped up all three points for the home side.

The Blues were able to name a strong 14 man squad for their second game of the campaign, however the game came too soon for Jamie Henshaw who remained sidelined with the injury picked up in the opening game with Lansbury. The club have also revealed they expect James Gladwin to return to the squad from his time spent in America in early December, which will obviously be a welcome boost for the Blues as the season progresses. The Blues had been quick out of the blocks in their opening league fixture and continued that trend as they raced into a 2-0 lead with barely 15 minutes gone. Paskell's set piece caused panic in the Ryan box with Nick Shaywer reacting first to crash the ball into the roof of the net on the five minute mark. The Harriers were well in control in the opening exchanges and they doubled their lead on with a quarter of an hour gone, Stone peeled away to the back post and converted Periera's teasing cross from the left to open his account for the season. Ryan had failed to create any sustained pressure in the opening 25 minutes, relying heavily on diagonal long balls and the impressive hold up play from thier main striker. However, with the half hour point approaching the away side found a foothold in the game from the penalty spot when Paskell was penalised for grabbing a handful of the Ryan forwards's shirt. The Ryan number 17 dusted himself off to calmly covert the spot kick which turned the games momentum on its head.

The boost from the penalty saw Ryan become more confident on the ball and start to win the midfield batte. The Ryan number 11 increasingly found more space between the Blues midfield and defence and would have brought his side level had it not been for a excellent goal line clearance from Diner. Unfortunately for the Blues, the Ryan pressure eventually told just before the break when a corner was converted from close range with Prestedge left flat footed. The Blues made a change at half time, replacing Denton with Ferdinand as they pushed an extra man into midfield to combat the Ryan threat. However the Blues still struggled to get to grips with the Ryan midfield in the early stages of the second half, almost falling behind when a sweet 25 yard strike clipped the right hand upright with Prestedge rooted. The Blues introduced some fresh legs on the hour mark with Jabbari replacing Stone who aside from his goal had found himself isolated at times. With Jabbari's introduction came some fresh impetus for the home side and the Blues re-established a lead with 20 minutes remaining. Nick Shawyer has started the season in fantastic goal scoring form, notching up his fifth in two games with a beautiful curled free kick over the wall and into the top corner, after his name sake Paul had been hauled down on the edge of the box.

Despite falling behind, Ryan remained a threat going forward and were again denied by the post shortly after Shawyer's strike. The Blues then had Prestedge to thank for keeping them ahead, making a point blank save from the Ryan forward's diving header from 6 yards out. The games main talking point came with 85 minutes gone, Amor stole the ball in midfield and broke quickly with Jabbari and Goodwin to create a three on two situation. After exchanging passes, Amor fed Jabbari at the back post to apply the finishing touch and put the game beyond Ryan's reach. However to the Blues' bafflement the referee ruled the goal out for offside, being twenty yards behind the play and with no linesman to consult. With the Harriers still coming to grips with that decision, Ryan piled forward looking for an equaliser and eventually found one. Some neat interplay on the edge of the box allowed the Ryan forward to get to the ball first and lift it beyond Prestedge, with just injury time remaining. A point for each team probably represents a fair reflection of proceeding but the Blues will be bitterly disappointed that a bizarre refereeing decision cost them a certain three points.

CHFC: Prestedge, Goodwin, Paskell, Diner, Birchnall, P.Shawyer (Wright 77), Amor, N.Shawyer(c), Denton (Ferdinand 45), Stone (Jabbari 61), Pereira

Goals: N.Shawyer (5,69), Stone (16)



IDFL Division 1, Saturday 17th September 2011, Parmiters

The Harriers quickly settled into their new home at Parmiters with an encouraging display which saw them inflict a second straight defeat on league new comers Lansbury. The Blues ran out 4-2 victors courtesy of an opening day hat-trick from captain Nick Shawyer and a second Harriers goal for Dan Pereira in what will be his first full season for the club. The Blues extended a trend which has now seen them bag four goals and three points in each of their opening day fixtures in the IDFL.

The Harriers experienced a less than ideal pre-season but went into the game with high expectations. However they would have to get their campaign off to the ideal start without manager Trevor Diner who was waiting nervously for news of the Blues result in foreign climbs. In addition, selection options were reduced with Denton and Goodwin unavailable, as a result the home side went into the game with a 13 man strong squad. At times last season the Blues were guilty of starting games slowly, so they were thrilled to find themselves ahead after just six minutes. Last years joint top scorer Nick Shawyer resumed goal scoring form by getting on the end of an Amor long throw to open his account for the season. Unfortunately for the home side the lead lasted barely minute. The Blues found themselves short at the back allowing the Lansbury forward to play a neat one-two before firing past Prestedge from just inside the home sides box.

Despite the set back the Harriers continued to show a degree of composure on the ball with some easy on the eye one touch passing in the middle of the park. With the Blues seeing more of the ball, they re-took the lead on twenty minutes through a carbon copy of the first goal, Nick again converting an Amor long throw. With the lead came a set back for the hosts, Jamie pulled up with a hamstring injury ending his involvement and was swiftly replaced by Ben in a straight swap. Whilst the Blues continued to create chances, the best of which saw Edwin fire over the bar from a tight angle, the visitors slowly grew more and more into the game. Lansbury posed a threat of their own from long throws and also called Scott into action with some long range efforts. With half time looming the away side drew themselves level, the impressive Lansbury midfielder lost his marker in the box to covert the corner with a powerful header.

The Blues regrouped at the break and came out positively in the second half, their efforts were rewarded before the 60 minute mark following some pinball in the Lansbury box from a Harriers corner. A block on the line lead to calls for handball and the referee obliged by awarding a penalty. Nick stepped up to banish memories of his saved penalty on the final day of last season to put the Blues back in front, completing his hat trick in the process. Adam introduction in place of James at full back followed shortly after and gave the Blues some extra attacking impetus down the right flank. The Blues looked to have wrapped up the three points with just over a quarter of an hour to go, Dan Pereira's effort from distance slipped through the Lansbury keepers hands and into the empty net to make it 4-2. To the visitors credit they kept their heads up are were unlucky to see a glancing header hit the foot of the post in the closing exchanges, had it found the bottom corner it could have made for a tricky last 5 minutes for the Blues. However the final whistle eventually came and confirmed an opening day victory for the home side.

CHFC: Prestedge, Wright (Ferdinand 63), Diner, Paskell, Birchnall, Pereira, Amor, Shawyer(c), Shawyer, Jabbari, Henshaw (Stone 25)

Goals: N.Shawyer (6,20,Pen 59), Pereira (73)